Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Soundtrack of my Life

For the fourteen years that I've been alive I've had a lot of music in my life.  When I think back it can bring a lot of imagery. Music has always played a big role in my life. So when I think back the first song I can remember myself listening to was probably the theme song to Barney. Then later on I started to memorize more songs like Seasame Street and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Later on I grew up and I used to listen to a lot of Pink and Katy Perry. I still do but when I was in 5th grade I listened to a rapper named Kendrick Lamar. I instantly loved him, the first song I listened to was swimming pools. To this day he is still my favorite rapper. Once I started listening to him I discovered other rappers like J Cole. I also really loved his songs. Chance the Rapper is also one of my favorites, whenever I listen to his songs it reminds me of all the good times I had because I would listen to him when I would have a good time. So when I listen to him it just brings me back to those days. Some of my other favorite rappers are Childish Gambino and Kid Cudi. However like I said my favorite rapper will always be Kendrick Lamar. When you listen to his music you can tell that he's passionate in his writing and that he loves what he does. He doesn't rap about mainstream things he raps about the truth and oppression that he's been through. He and his music have helped me get through some rough times, he helped me persevere. In 30 years when I'm old, if I were to hear any song by any of the rappers I just named it would somehow take me back in time and I would remember all the good and bad times, the struggles, the excitement that I have been through throughout my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment