Sunday, May 7, 2017

Social Justice

My school year is split into four quarters. In my third quarter I took a class called Social Justice. I spent ten weeks taking this class. After those ten weeks I knew I'd never forget anything I learned. This wasn't just your average class, it wasn't some boring math class that you forget over the summer. This class actually made me engage and understand what was happening around me everyday. It opened up my mind to new possibilities. We learned about classism, sexism, racism, discrimination, communism, resistance, women oppression, capitalism and a lot more. These were just some of the topics that stood out to me. This class made me realize that were not living in the world that I thought we were living in. It expanded my mind to think critically of the world and in every situation I'm put in. We took the ten weeks we had to break down real world situations and analyze them. I loved this class so much and I really wished that this was an all year round class but unfortunately you can on,y take the class once. There are many other classes/events that you can attend to fully get an understanding of social Justice and I encourage you to take one.

No comments:

Post a Comment